No. 3B, Jalan Bukit Desa 5,
Taman Bukit Desa,
58100 Kuala Lumpur
There are currently over 170 international schools in Malaysia today. Each international school is unique in terms of their offerings such as the type of the curriculum followed. The British Curriculum is by far the most popular curriculum offered by international schools in Malaysia. However, it is common for international schools to offer more than one curriculum and academic qualification. For example, a school may offer the American Curriculum up until secondary school level and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at pre- university level. The range of international curricula offered in Malaysia is wide, with over ten curricula and examinations in total.
The Advanced Level qualification, also known as A Levels, is a well known UK subject-based qualification for students aged 16 and above. Students who take up this course will study over the course of two years which will lead them to qualifications recognised for entrance into the higher education institutions in the UK and many other countries worldwide.
Important facts about the A Levels in Malaysia:
• Students are required to take up at least three subjects in the A Levels.
• The AS Levels was reformed and implemented between 2016 and 2018 where it is now a separate qualification.
• Even though AS Levels equates to the first year of study of the full two-year A Level programme, most universities do not consider AS Levels to be adequate as an entry on its own.
• There are over 80 A Levels subjects to choose from. There are no compulsory subjects as students are free to choose subjects that are interested in studying.
• Results are graded from A*, which is the highest grade, to E, which is the lowest grade for each subject.
The search results below lists down the international schools in Malaysia offering the A Levels! Find the right international school for your child today.