No. 3B, Jalan Bukit Desa 5,
Taman Bukit Desa,
58100 Kuala Lumpur
There are currently over 170 international schools in Malaysia today. Each international school is unique in terms of their offerings such as the type of the curriculum followed. The British Curriculum is by far the most popular curriculum offered by international schools in Malaysia. However, it is common for international schools to offer more than one curriculum and academic qualification. For example, a school may offer the American Curriculum up until secondary school level and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at pre- university level. The range of international curricula offered in Malaysia is wide, with over ten curricula and examinations in total.
The overall French Curriculum is designed around academic rigour and excellence.There are several cycles of courses that schooling takes place in. While children are required to start primary school at the age of six, many parents choose to enrol their children in preschool at the age of three.
Important facts about the French Curriculum in Malaysia:
• The first cycle is the Basic Learning Cycle, Nursery School (école maternelle) from the age of three to six years old.
• This will then move on to the second cycle, the Fundamental Learning stage. This cycle mainly focuses on the priority of elementary education by learning the French language and Mathematics.
• The third cycle is the Consolidation cycle where the development stage is a continuation of the second cycle as new disciplines are introduced as an additional core subject.
• This later continues with Secondary: Lower Secondary (collège) from age of 11 to 15-years old.
• The fourth and final cycle is the Further Learning stage (Sixième). The stages of Sixième consists of Cinquième, Quatrième, Troisième.
The search results below lists down the international schools in Malaysia offering the French Curriculum! Find the right international school for your child today.